local councils

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i moved house approx 6 mts ago ,had the usual hassle of changing bills over adresses over etc.
get's up this morning to a very nicely red letter from my local council informing me i owe them 6mths council tax and if not forthcoming will be dragged before the local beak
on phoning i find that the bill is for my old address 'to which i reply when i moved i informed you i was no longer liable
the reply was "we have no record of a change of adress"
my reply was "so how did you know where to send the bill"
after some heavy silence on the other end of said phone i was told it will be looked into
where do they get these clowns are they employed to wind people up

(rant over gets off soapbox) :D

Sponsored Links
I have great fun with electricity bills: I get gas and leccy from British Gas, but every few months I get a letter from Powergen saying "Hey, you haven't been paying your bill! Give us money, sucka!"

So I ring them up and say "P*ss off, I get my electricity from BG. P*ss off." They apologise and say it is a glitch in their computer. So I say "No problem".

Then 6 months later, the same thing happens again. In fact I have one at the moment and I am beginning to wonder if I should bother. It's their problem. Thing is, I don't want to end up being cut off due to their stupidity.

Sponsored Links
Back