Locking 13A outlet

Sponsored Links
bernardgreen said:
<<edit>> There used to be pay per hour TV's for bus station waiting rooms, cheap hotels and similar, coin box built into the TV

Didn't Radio Rentals used to do a coin-op TV?

RF Lighting said:
Didn't Radio Rentals used to do a coin-op TV?

That does sound familiar. But years ago. Or am I confusing with Difusion that piped radio and 405 line TV by cable around Lancaster ?

EddieCurrent said:
that appears to be the mk accent modular range which has been discontinued for some time. GET make a clone of it called "rocca modular" but i'm not sure how easy it is to get seperate bits for it (homebase seem to sell some prebuilt combinations but i doubt they have anything containing either a 3 module plate or a keyswitch module)

i belive CEF stock get stuff but they are real rip off merchants.

Sponsored Links
Kids are not stupid..... After all who did we mature people ask when the video recorder needed programming.

Faced with large phone bills the parents invested in an expensive phone with the ability to be programmed to bar long distance calls and limit other calls to be less than 15 minutes.

Phone bills reduced for one quarter and then increased to "normal" on the next bill. Kids have bought a cheap phone and plugged in place of the barring phone when parents were not looking.

bernardgreen said:
Kids are not stupid..... After all who did we mature people ask when the video recorder needed programming.

Faced with large phone bills the parents invested in an expensive phone with the ability to be programmed to bar long distance calls and limit other calls to be less than 15 minutes.

Phone bills reduced for one quarter and then increased to "normal" on the next bill. Kids have bought a cheap phone and plugged in place of the barring phone when parents were not looking.

i had a phone line put in my room when I was a kid living at home. The phone my parents put in was an old one that the keypad was broken on so they didn’t mind putting it in. it didn’t take me that long to find out that I could pulse dial by tapping the switch to take it on and off hook –took a while to dial a number though! –although I later got an address book program on the computer (Archimedes back then) that produced the DTMF tones for you, haha.

We used to do that at school by tapping the switch. The teacher had a lock on the old dial that you had to put your finger in and rotate so you couldnt turn it but the tapping method worked great.

Thanks for the replies the MK or the Eaton MEM are just what I need but I need to see if they do them in white pladtic, hopefully like the MK Logic range

install a dummy switch [a proper switch with no wires] tell them its a special radio switch with a magnetic feild place it well away from the mcb and fuse box
they will try all sorts of things to try and make it work but they can come to no harm as its dead and will detract from the fact youve knocked out the upstairs mcb :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back