Loft fire sensor for Honeywell Galaxy Flex panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been researching for some time but there don't seem to be any definitive answers out there for this one. I even contacted Texecom directly and they didn't want to give advice, instead stating I should ask an installer.

In short, I have a unvented hot water cylinder in the loft, plus two in-line extractor fans for my bathrooms, with all the associated electrics. With all these electrics, moist extracted bathroom air and water pipes up top, my main concern is any roof/tank leak or condensation ingress in one of the fans (or lighting junction boxes), there is risk of an electrical fire.

I would like to source a smoke and/or heat sensor that can be wired into my Galaxy Flex panel, that has a high temp trigger level and high resistance to dust, so it does not trigger false alarms in summer or due to loft dust.

The loft is Celotexed between the rafters (so wind does not really blow through to stir up dust and the floors are boarded, although there is a layer of insulation over the top of this.

Any ideas or recommendations most welcome!

Sponsored Links
Menvier M12 detector you can Set it for smoke / heat or both
Many thanks Sparkymarka, this model definitely looks like it is up to the job with the ability to sense the slow build up of dust and a higher temp setting can be set (although I think the loft should not reach above 60 degrees, I'd still opt for 77 so not to risk false alerts). Once a year when the unvented cylinder is serviced I inspect any risk points and signs of leaks, plus once fitted will hoover any dust build up out of the sensor for good measure.

Added to my shopping list for my April alarm service and upgrade.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219_204811_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_204811_Chrome.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 54
Seems there has been a rebrand/takeover, M12 product now sold under the "Eaton" brand. Picked once up from ADI today, just under £35 Inc Vat. Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Menvier M12 detector you can Set it for smoke / heat or both
Thank you again for the recommendation, fitted yesterday. What I noticed is the sensor is normally closed (NC). Initially I didn't fit a resistor and was sharing a zone with a normally open (NO) PA module. Was causing issues with the resistance reading, so moved it to it's own zone and added a resistor in series in the base of the sensor which seems to have done the trick. I also wired it as auto reset and not latched.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back