Loft Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so I followed the instructions in this link using the junction box method to install a light in my loft.

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/loft-light.htm

I spurred off a wire that runs to a light on the landing, I have a switch in place, a pendant attached and all is working as it should BUT only if the landing light is switched on ☹

Obviously I've done something wrong so how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you have spured from a switch live from the landing switch and not the live wire
was this power , live neutral & earth picked up from the main ceiling rose fitting?

you have spured from a switch live from the landing switch and not the live wire
was this power , live neutral & earth picked up from the main ceiling rose fitting?

Yes it was straight from the ceiling rose.

so you have picked up the Switched return that goes to the light itself, should be a connection wit 2 or 3 wires that do not go to the light , should be red/brown, thats the live feed
A photo would help to be sure , the lives are in the rose itself

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back