Loft wetroom ensuite questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there,

We're currently in the planning stages of our dormer loft conversion project which will form a new master bedroom and ensuite.

Ensuite is looking to be about 1.8m wide by 2.6m long, with the shower running width ways on the external wall.

Currently, I'm planning on using an Abacus Infinity fall tray, probably the 1800x900mm to get the fall towards the back wall, matched with elements board on the floor and walls.

However I'm currently struggling to work out how to minimise the height difference between the ensuite and master bedroom.

Current thoughts:
Bathroom, use 18mm WBP plywood instead of 22mm chipboard for rest of loft.
Then have 12mm elements overboard, electric UFH encased in 3mm SLC, followed by 6-8mm adhesive and 8-10mm tiles.
This should end up somewhere around 44-48mm total build up.

In the bedroom, we're planning on using 5mm lvt over 22mm chipboard, so that gives 27mm total build up, leaving a difference of around 20mm... That sounds like quite the lip to me.

One thought I had was to overboard the master bedroom with 12-18mm plywood, which should leave a more manageable 2-8mm difference. But we also need to factor that into the stairs landing...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Gavin

Sponsored Links
Just build a lip to the shower tray, you can get a nice bit of engineered stone about 4" wide for the entire span.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back