london gas fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im a self employed gas fitter and i am going to relocate to london. can any gas fitters/plumbers on this site advise me on which areas would be best to set up in, traffic,amount of work,prices,advertising....

I would be mainley carrying out service and repair work

any info would be very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
what are you looking for? contracting, or try and get your own custards?

my own customers, but was thinking I might have to sub contract a bit of work untill my own work bilt up a bit

I am in west london.
Recently put ACOPS + training on hold due to market conditions.
Some seem to be ok but now is not a very good time to be building a new business.
Something like 20 pages of plumbing+ heating ads in YP.
Know several subbies on the wet plumbing side who are not doing well at all.

Sponsored Links
my own customers, but was thinking I might have to sub contract a bit of work untill my own work bilt up a bit

yep more likely you will. There's work about. London one of the few places in the Uk where that can be said. Just make sure everythings in order, GSR registration (no corgi here ;) ) PLI and worth getting a CRB check just in case anyone asks for one. Try giving RIG energy a call to see whats available, always someone looking for people. BG are always looking for contractors in London and surrounding.

yep more likely you will. There's work about. London one of the few places in the Uk where that can be said. Just make sure everythings in order, GSR registration (no corgi here ;) ) PLI and worth getting a CRB check just in case anyone asks for one. Try giving RIG energy a call to see whats available, always someone looking for people. BG are always looking for contractors in London and surrounding.

whats pli and crb check.

what type of money can you make subbing of bg.

I was thinking of advertising in local papers shop windows etc

pli- public liability insurance
crb- a police check to make sure ya not an MJ before bg sends you round to their custards.

Not sure what bg are paying tbh there's some guys on here subbing to them, they might be able to tell you.

It takes a long time to build up your own customers. flyers and media advertising only has a limited effect generally, and will take you some time to make a decent living.

pli- public liability insurance
crb- a police check to make sure ya not an MJ before bg sends you round to their custards.

Not sure what bg are paying tbh there's some guys on here subbing to them, they might be able to tell you.

It takes a long time to build up your own customers. flyers and media advertising only has a limited effect generally, and will take you some time to make a decent living.

yeah i have public liability

whats a mj lol

Easy to make a grand plus a week subbing for BG but london parking could take that down

Easy to make a grand plus a week subbing for BG but london parking could take that down

ARE ALL PARTS OF LONDON CRAZY FOR TRAFFIC AND PARKING

I also do comerrcial catering is there much demand for that in london

Did a Service call in SW1 last year as a subbie, had to put £10-00 in a meter to give me 1 1/2 hrs parking, rang the door bell had to carry tools up countless flights of stairs to get to the top floor apartment, showed client my Corgi Card to be told that the flat had no gas -fault was with E7 Heating, total waste of a day :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back