london olympics...? only so we can beat the french surely!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
will it mean anything to anyone except maybe a few elite athletes? I suppose londoners will be blessed with even more jolly tourists walking around taking pictures of pillar boxes etc..

Sponsored Links
They'll also be blessed with the bill for many years to come...

pna said:
Its only £360m

Nothing at all if your not paying for it matey...but if you live, work or travel into London, your paying for with Red Kens stupid policies and £8 Criminal (sorry congestion) charge

Sponsored Links
im all for it....but £360million....watch that rise over the next 7 years if we get it!

£360 million to beat the French? It's a bargain if you consider how much we paid to accomplish the same feat in WW1 and WW2... And only a fraction of what we will gain if we beat the French in the "CAP-travesty vs EU rebate" discussion.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered. I won't be going to the stadia, I'll be watching on TV. A TV with a 16:9 aspect ratio... Can you see where I'm going with this?

If it goes to either country, at least THIS time it will be broadcast in widescreen instead of @£$%-square screen like those tight-fisted bu**ers did last time. Seriously, talk about ruining the Olympic-ship for a ha'penny of modern TV equipment-tar. :mad:

Billions of people across the globe going "Eh? Am I watching a repeat of the 1996 Olympics, before the whole civilised world started filming absolutely everything in widescreen? Where did these black borders come from?!"

In fact, it'll probably be broadcast in HDTV if you have it

we didnt pay anything to beat the french in ww1 or ww2, we beat the germans, the french were on our side! DOH! :LOL:

Thermo said:
we didnt pay anything to beat the french in ww1 or ww2, we beat the germans, the french were on our side! DOH! :LOL:
We carried them :LOL: It is worth it to beat the french the. Poor old mr FWL Engineer might have a problem getting to work though, so we definately won't get it!! :LOL:

Thermo said:

Well, we actually beat the Vichy French government... sort of (officially we regarded them as neutral, despite being Nazi collaborators).

jasy said:
Thermo said:
We carried them :LOL: It is worth it to beat the french the. Poor old mr FWL Engineer might have a problem getting to work though, so we definately won't get it!! :LOL:

Would been on a loser if we were situated on mainland Europe, not protected by the channel .. and of course a hesitant Hit ler ! He who hesitated was ......###### !

If we get the Lolympics, the embarrassment of make do, and mend, (warm up in the park, with Ken's entrance fee of course !!) pizzing rain and a filthy capital will hang with us for ever... When winning becomes losing without trying .. ;)

My opinion, FWIW.....

Firstly, Londoners, in general, stayed away from the Millenium Dome even though it was on their doorstep, so don't really deserve the olympics.

Secondly, 2012 is only 7 years away, and going by the Dome or Wembley or the Scottish Parliament, there would be a huge emebarassment guaranteed when we fail where even the Greeks succeeded.

And anyone who'se that bothered can get to Paris fairly simply. So give it to Paris......

Sponsored Links
Back