Long Burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

I have put in general and not sure which of the other sections it would fit into, so if in the wrong place let me know.

We are installing a log burner, will ultimately be fitted and signed off by a hetas approved installer etc, but agreed we get ready so it's more straightforward.

The area it is going into is classed as combustible, according to the installation manual, it's a mendit stove it need to be 200 mm away from a combustible wall etc, however any regular.tion I am reading seem to say 300.

I don't want to skimp on safety for obvious reasons but if it's nearer it makes the SN stall action and adjoins area a better space. I have also read that you can use a fire board with an air gap behind and then the install is class d as a non combustible wall so can be nearer:

The engineer can't get out for a few weeks but wanted to get this area ready, all heals appreciated !

Sponsored Links
Yes , my stove is in front of and insulated wall, metal studwork then holds off fireboard with a 50mm air gap, all areas that are combustible are protected by more fire board .

When I spoke to a BI on this subject he said the maufacturers instructions and measurments are what count.
Which model are you having, some of the ones Im reading say 200mm to rear and 300mm each side?
litl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back