Longest combination square?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

what are the largest as in longest combination square that is available to diy people, not trade or commercial only.

I am after a combination square that is at least 30” long, something that is affordable but no longer than 45” ideally but happy to longer if prices are good.

Sponsored Links
how about
or
or
or

Sponsored Links
I bought a large adjustable version from Lidl or Aldi many years ago, I spotted the same one there recently. It's all metal, marked measurements along the edge, set the angle you want and tighten the clamp.

you guys are amazing... they are all great, and I will get myself one of these too... but I am after...

Eerh, yeah, I just need the ruler bit really, but allows the bits to slide down/up... to mark say 10mm line for screw placements... or something of that effect.

I am needing it to be adjustable if they are not available, I mean the T-square...

Why do I need this, well, I have put together some bits, but I stupidly have no idea where to attach the screws, I have done the outer rim, but now need to work out the inside bits... 30inches is the minimum it would need to be, I have used a tape measure, a pencil, and a scrap bit of the wood, but I still not getting things right.

You can get a 1m stainless steel Shinwa L-Angle saw guide, which is effectively a big square.

Otherwise a 450mm Bahco.

Yeah, I do mean inches…

So I kind of need a 30inch or a 76.2cm or 762mm

I am happy for anything bigger, but storage might get difficult after 45 inches or about 115cm

Hello

Sorry… I don’t know about you guys but I am super confused with this whole post…

I am after one of these

WORKPRO Combination Square 12Inch/300mm, Engineers Set Square, Stainless Steel Angle Ruler, Adjustable Carpentry Square 45/90 Degree with Bubble Level, Measuring Tool for Engineer Carpenter https://amzn.eu/d/0urNkoi

Just extra long. So that I can slide the squares up to the point where I can use it to give correct depth on some sheet wood, and other bits like where to drill through on a wall.

I have a 6” and a 12” one already, but kind of need a 30inch one, but I can go bigger if they do them. Not really any bigger than 45” for storage reasons. I am pretty sure that they do bigger, Axminster seem to make a 24”

Couldn't you just buy a steel rule and use the slider off a smaller one with it?

That’s kind of what I am doing now… but the combination squares that I am after has a groove inside the ruler allowing the depth set to be square.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back