Longest combination square?

Sponsored Links
A 30" sliding combination square would probably not be very square.

Why not use a tape measure and metal ruler

Last edited:
It doesn’t have to be square perfectly, just enough to work out everything roughly, I can then use that with my trusted square to align everything.

because I can’t find what I am after with out overspending, I am just going to make a jig when time comes… if I get a strip of wood, I can just screw another smaller one at correct placement creating the t shape, so I can then use the Other square.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I know what I want or need, but getting that from my head, into English, is not easy as if I don’t know what something is called or if something makes more sense to myself, I will call it that then when communicating it to other people most treat me as being hostile, but I am honestly not.
Example I call this a wishy washer bolt, even though it’s not a washer or a bolt, but to me, it looks like a wish bone from a cooked chicken or turkey. https://www.toolstation.com/wing-nu...aEhZ_k6gTgjmeoiw_JBoC1WsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

i call the warmth category of bedding duvets TUG, not TOG, why? The thicker the duvet the more you need to tug on when you roll up into it at night to sleep and be cosy.

with this, am am really sorry for any confusion, any hostility.

with this, am am really sorry for any confusion, any hostility.
Not a problem.

This is a combination square. The largest I know is 400mm and Bahco sell one.
3870K_P

Is this what you want?

Or do you just want a big square of some sort? There are several different types if you do.

The largest I know is 400mm and Bahco sell one.
This is likely a much much lower quality, but I found a 600mm combination square (but did not see any 900mm):

And would suggest this 600mm combination square as being better as from Axminster.

This is likely a much much lower quality, but I found a 600mm combination square (but did not see any 900mm):

And would suggest this 600mm combination square as being better as from Axminster.
What's the accuracy like?

Many 300mm units can be a one or a few mm out, and it's no good having a square that does not live up to its name.

That is what I am after, just 900mm really…
You might need to modify your thinking.

There is inherent inaccuracy with adjustable squares from the milling of the handle. Then the longer the rule, combined with the relatively small handle shoulder, amplifies this inaccuracy and adds more due to the small reference length of the shoulder/handle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back