Look what my floor fitter did!!!!! Argghhh!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Yes, it's messed up and he didn't know what he was doing. trouble is these guys are old mates so I'm struggling to tell them how **** it is....

Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem?

Sponsored Links
they need to install the scotia mould all the way round,ball ache of a job but thats the only way i can see it ooking a lot better then it does now.

Sponsored Links
huh? You're supposed to cut under the architrave and lay the floor underneath, not cut around it and fill the holes up. How are you supposed to put beading on the inside of the door jam? Ur not!

No, you *can* cut under the architrave, not you *have* to.

I agree it would be better, but you decided to go with mates, always a mistake.

And the gap around the door opening looks significantly small well done beading around elsewhere would look ok.

"Pokhim" is correct..........

..........that moulding should have been "carefully" undercut!

..........call them back!!!!!!!!!

It should be undercut. Also scotia returns are left with raw edge which won't look nice in a year.

Poor DIY mate job.
Think you be best using a matching silicone now.

It should be undercut. Also scotia returns are left with raw edge which won't look nice in a year.

Poor DIY mate job.
Think you be best using a matching silicone now.

well thats where the skill of the craftsman comes in,should be scribed and mitred,hence why i said a ball ache of a job but doable.
from a personnel point of view i hate scotia mould purely because of this problem that arises around door frames etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back