Looking after our health

B

Bodd

Has all whats happened made you think that you need to change your life style...

No doubt most who have died were not as healthy as can be...

This is not going away and I believe could be a mild warning for whats coming in the future..

Improving our mental & physical health as well as our diet is surly a must from now on. ????????

Have any of you put some thought into this...?

Sponsored Links
Well, I walk my dog 4 miles a day almost every day but I had planned to join a gym with a swimming pool this January. Fat chance of that now. Don’t know what else I can do at the moment.

Well, I walk my dog 4 miles a day almost every day but I had planned to join a gym with a swimming pool this January. Fat chance of that now. Don’t know what else I can do at the moment.

4 miles a day is brilliant I'm impressed. I also planned on joining a gym but will most probably leave until the autumn now and enjoy exercising in the coming good weather.

Sponsored Links
get your allotment dug over (y)
prune yer blackcurrants (y)
be nice to Ellal :D

You will have yo tell him how... you used to fall out with Elle alot...

I'm sure he will be down the Allotment soon.. Great exercise ..

Need to alter things sharpish.

I used to swim every week but that's not happened for ages.

Now I discover my Hba1c is rising, along with my nocturnal urine output.

Need to get that down ASAP, or I'm gonna be in a box quicker than I ought.

Maintain sensible weight.Exercise..Sensible food...Avoid chronic stress....By far biggest health risks...Unless you smoke..drink excessive alcohol,dangerous sports etc.

4 miles a day is brilliant I'm impressed. I also planned on joining a gym but will most probably leave until the autumn now and enjoy exercising in the coming good weather.

This is today’s walk. I use an NHS app called 'Active 10’. They recommend 3 brisk 10 minute walks per day. Once installed, it just works automatically and saves it. It only counts brisk minutes and you just open the app at any time to see what you have done. I also use another app called 'Stepz' and that automatically records your steps, distance and calorie. Today I did 7,695 steps, 3.7 miles and burnt 473 calories. (My record is 18,946 steps, 8.7 miles and 1,126 calories) Here's today’s walk - a dog helps so you already have your walking buddy. ;)

1B1FE98C-54E6-4A87-A562-810C617FD554.png

Last edited:
Put on weight after I stopped smoking, but it doesn't go up or down much.
Same here. I was a twig when I was smoking. Stopped over 15 years ago and hover around the 16 1/2 stone mark. I did diet a few years ago and dropped to 15st but it gradually crept back up.

Sponsored Links
Back