Looking for a Cross line laser level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking for some help.

basically got a budget of £100ish

and have narrow it down to 3

The Bosch PCL 20
The Bosch GLL2......(not to confuse it with the gll2-50)
The Stabila LAX 50

but I am having a hard time pulling the trigger and buying one. my main problem is I want to hold them and try them out to get a feel of what it is like. the internet just gives a picture.

also I am open for suggestions: I have thought about getting the bosch gll2-50 which is £160ish

I am happy to pay abit more for something that is clearly better

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
What are you doing with it?

This is £5.99 from Brooklyn Trading

95_1_.jpg

And tooled-up are doing a rotating draper level for £25

would be for hanging rads, running pipework, fitting flues...and anything else I can think of. I am a RGI and plumber(a persecuted group on diynot)

I am not a tool snob and would be happy to take off-brand stuff. but it needs to have some quality about it.

just to add it needs to be self levelling too lol:

I am leaning towards the bosch PCL 20 as I can get it from argos if it needs to go back...

also I have look at the rotating jobs, but I need the cross and the cross ones are lighter

Sponsored Links
woody, where are brooklyn trading from? not in yardley by some miracle
found them ,in manchester.
i like the tooled up site :)

Ok. I think you only need to check the accuracy per m as they will be very similar otherwise

I don't like the single floor to ceiling poles, as these are OK on site but not so good for someones artex ceiling. I prefer a tripod stand

I bought a P.L.S. laser a few years back.

It was expensive but is fully seviceable and can be re-calibrated.

I am a RGI and plumber(a persecuted group on diynot)

...and with good reason. ;)

I find these things more of a faff - easier to use a standard level. I wouldn't spend big money if I were you.

I have decided to up my budget and get he more expensive bosch gll2-50. it should come next week

the best line laser in this price bracket is the dewalt dw087k about £170 on amazon although mybe even cheaper elsewhere.
its got a pivoted buit in magnetic bracket and also an additional bracket which is suited to ceiling trim.
the best thing though is the line.in vertical mode when placed on the floor butted up against the a wall it actually projects back on itself from about a foot up the wall which in effect gives you an almost continuous beam. the horizontal spread is very good too.
you cannot go wrong with this laser.

I find these things more of a faff - easier to use a standard level. I wouldn't spend big money if I were you.
Can you expand more on this statement joe?

Our laser projects a vertical or horizontal line 180 degrees. It does this (when using the sensor) over great distances.

This means we can set up a stud wall line on all four planes (floor, walls and ceiling) in a fraction of the time it would take with a spirit level.

On site is is priceless when setting out foundations particularly when using the sensor. I can peg out a trench on my own with ease.

Our laser has saved us a tonne of cash.

yeh seen the dewalt and it was cheaper than the Bosch...but what swung it for me was the 3 year Bosch warranty and I could get it local.

always like bosch. it can send a line backward of the plumb line as well.

btw I getting it for £190 for the bosch and mount which is about £20 more than online but worth it with local service I trust. also found a good price on that dewalt at buyaparcel.com....£153 inc vat and delivery if any one wants it[/url]

the best line laser in this price bracket is the dewalt dw087k about £170 on amazon although mybe even cheaper elsewhere.
its got a pivoted buit in magnetic bracket and also an additional bracket which is suited to ceiling trim.
the best thing though is the line.in vertical mode when placed on the floor butted up against the a wall it actually projects back on itself from about a foot up the wall which in effect gives you an almost continuous beam. the horizontal spread is very good too.
you cannot go wrong with this laser.

Totally disagree - it's the most popular but only because it's been sold for longer.

The Bosch one that the OP has ordered is much better for 3 reasons:

1: the line is much brighter than the 087
2: the pendulum locks when it's not in use (the dewalt doesn't which means it rattles around inside the machine when being transported)
3: The Bosch wall mount is adjustable and can also be used as a mini tripod.

Add the 3 year warranty and there's no comparison.

Also Dewalt are just about to drop the 087 so if it was such a good machine you'd have to ask yourself why?

:p glad I pick the right one :D the pendulum lock swung it for me.

R5GTT could not help noticing that you pretty much only talk about tools on this forum and bosch mostly gets talk about...

are you a bosch rep or dealer?

would be good if worcester Bosch was as good as the tools but sadly it is more worcester than Bosch :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back