Looking for a powerful flashlight.

mine looks like that but it has replaceable batteries.

with LEDs it lasts much longer than the old rechargeable Halogen one I used to have

Sponsored Links
I also have an Aldis lamp I can run off the car should the desire ever hit me.

strange P30D bulb base so I can't find LEDs to fit.

I had something similar many years ago and it did take a long time to charge but that wasn't with modern battery technology or LED's.
I'll give it a good test over a few days and if it's not up to scratch it will go back.

I had something similar many years ago and it did take a long time to charge but that wasn't with modern battery technology or LED's.
I'll give it a good test over a few days and if it's not up to scratch it will go back.
with a high-powered light you should have several levels off setting as a hand held will tend to spend 90% off its time illuminating the 2m in front off where your walking or as a light on an area within a metre off your head to fill in a log or eat you sandwich:D
and assuming i have chosen the right one on the slaves are us warehouse where you bought yours from it quotes "up to 12 hours " that can only be from reduced hours on full light or sporadic on off operation

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1/2 an hour per night should be sufficient for my needs unless a problem crops up.

I have a pile of 18650 batteries on my desk, salvaged from drill battery units where 1 cell has gone down.
I'd like a torch that uses them. :)

Update, the torch has arrived and I can confirm it is very very bright!

Andy
HOw does it do for NOT changing modes when you turn it on/off.
That's what I find so annoying about these multi mode torches, your in the dark using it, walk in to a lit area and turn it off, a little later you go to turn it on again and you strobe the heck out of everything lol
I'd like one like yours one but just single mode.

Yes, I agree, when I turn it on, I then have to press the button 5 times to turn it off. As it goes through all of the modes.

Andy

The amazon page says something about you hold the button down for 3 seconds to turn off, have you tried that?

Looking through amazon, if I want nice & bright then I must have many modes (they compete between 3-7 lol)
800 lumen seems to be the max for single mode.

Still looking :(

I'm a bloke, the instructions are the first thing to get thrown away, especially when they are in Chinese!

Andy
I got two cheap torches from Aldi a couple of months back from the discount bin. One was a hand torch - 3 modes plus sliding spot/flood, the other head torch - two white brightness levels and one red. Single switch, multiple presses kind of things, both quite good for brightness and cost/quality

Anyway, one set of instructions was literally a few lines, the other was about 10 sides of a booklet (and these were all in English not 10 sides of different languages, and these included safety instructions! It was just mad.

I remember when you could buy a torch and you either got no instructions or it was just how to unscrew it to replace the batteries! And yet, we still managed to use them :rolleyes:

BTW, there is rumoured to be a 1000 lumen torch on offer in Lidl for £15.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back