Looking for external PIR with local switch + indoor chime

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can find lots of external security lights controlled by PIR which operate a remote sounder by WiFi (or mains signalling). But I can't find one without the light. Why? Because I want to add my own light which matches others around the house.

Any ideas? Preferably without ripping the light off a packaged unit.

Sponsored Links
Look for a standalone external passive infra red unit, they even sell them at local electrical wholesalers now. If you are using 500 watt floods use one detector per flood. Bring the flood wiring and detector wiring back to an indoor box (not in the attic), connect a mains relay to switch a freidland doorbell or similar to alert you. Use a 'switched spur' for quick shut off rather than the unswitched type found in security systems, or better still a switched RCD. Use a lightswitch to turn the freidland chimer off when it is getting on your nerves.

CD

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm using 15 metre externals from Rexel Senate, or just Senate, wholesalers usually on a local industrial estate (check your yellow pages). They are from £11 + vat to about £15 + vat, never had any problems with them, switching 500 watt floods at the moment no bother,

CD

Hi,

I'm using 15 metre externals from Rexel Senate

CD

Hi
Some useful products and ideas suggested by all. Just one question - What are "15 metre externals"? Senate looks like a useful place but their website isn't the easiest to navigate. A link to the 15m externals ( or connected device) would be appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back