Looking for hook/anchor to fix fence with wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm looking to fix my garden fence with my wall. I want to have sort of L/U shape anchor, to hold the fence from the top, with plate on left side which I can screw with wall. Here is the diagram.

I'm aware that I can achieve with an L shape hook but I don't want to drill the fence. I think it would be an elegant solution if I can anchor it with wall.

Can anyone suggest where can I find this kind of hook.

Alternatively suggest me what sort of hook to use to fix it.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why? Would be the first question.

Never seen exactly what you want but take a look in the joist hanger section of a builders merchant.

You could make one pretty easily even in a home garage with some steel plate, a hammer and vice. Using an angle grinder or jigsaw for cutting and the vice as a folder. Allow for springback when folding and a bit on measurements for the curve, or shave the post top to fit.

This fence is on the side of the wall and placed on the top of a brick fence. It has become loose and leaning away from the wall. Fence just starts from where wall ends so I can't drill screw bolt from the side of fence into the side wall which would have been easiest option. The only option is to have a hook kind of thing which will hold the fence without any drilling into the fence and then a plate to fix hook into the back of wall. It is tricky situation, if I can find that kind of hook then it would easiest to fix. Joist hanger is not appropriate as there is no wall behind fence.

When I said "joist hanger" I also said "section"
There are loads of metal timber to masonry brackets remade/predrilled and galvanised.
A top view plan would help

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply & help. I think I found something similar it's called restraint twisted straps with bend which will help.

This fence is on the side of the wall and placed on the top of a brick fence.

I don't know what a brick fence is.

fixing a fence to a wall will tend to pull the wall over or loosen bricks if the fixing is near the top or end of the wall.

there is a steel fence clip in a U shape made for nailing onto wooden fence posts, and sliding the panel down, but you can put a screw through the side rather than the back if you want.

you will have to drill a large enough hole in the side facing you, to fit your screwdriver through.

GPID_1100062000_00

you will need at least two, possibly three.

Sorry I mean brick wall. Thanks for the suggestion about the brick though. Will keep it in mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back