Looking to get into a tool ecosystem

Thanks for the replies.

I've ended up going further down the Ryobi rabbit hole as I was looking for a 2nd drill and found a deal on Amazon for the Ryobi R18PDBL-0 for £45, so ended up buying 2 and a Ryobi multi tool haha.

I do think I'll go down the plunge saw route for the worktop vs a circular saw.

Sponsored Links
That was an excellent deal £45 for 2 drills with batteries
Sorry, I meant £45 each. They were bare so no batteries but got a couple of batteries to go with them. Spent £180 in total for 2 x R18PDBL‘s and 2 x 2.5Ah batteries.

Probably a bit late now, but I would look at the 12v range from Bosch, (or Milwaukie and maybe Dewalt) for any/all general drilling/driving and sawing. These are all I seem to be using nowadays.

For the same reasons of compactness and lightness, from Ryobi there is the new HP Compact brushless tools that still use the One+ batteries, and there is a current 15% off from Ryobi site until the end of August

Sponsored Links
Every Milwaulkee tool I've bought has been excellent quality, I'm in the M12 camp now.

They have kept to two battery systems for donkeys years (M12 and M18) and are still actively developing for both.

Just a bit of an update, ended up going further down the Ryobi rabbit hole, bought a couple of brushless drills, a multi tool, a couple of 2.5ah batteries and a 5ah charger.

Used the drill for the first time this weekend and absolutely love it. Metal shank is fab and so much quieter than the one I had been using previously.
The only issue I have is the charger doesn’t seem to want to charge my batteries. I’m putting it down to being an ‘Amazon Warehouse’ product so returning it and getting a full price one but other than that, happy so far.

I have only ever tried using the Ryobi One multool once. I was my stepson's. New tool, new blade, recently charged pretty new battery.

I was trying to cut through MR chipboard flooring. Every few seconds it stopped. I gave up and came back with my corded Fein the next day.

Perhaps his battery was duff- I don't know. Either way, I recall using blue corded Ryobi tools years ago, they were great, the ONE range is not on my purchase radar though. I say that without extensive experience of their products though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back