Loose bricks directly above external kitchen window - 2 rows

You could try, putting a bead of clear silicone as high up as possible, then fit a length of 225mm dpc along the wall, lapped down over the lintol and to outer brickwork edge.
Leave a few weep holes in the perps, on first course over lintol.

Grt idea...but...Stuart45 is right on the money...first course in...now the tricky bit...

I may be able to lap the old DPC...iv'e freed it up a little by chipping out some obstructive mortar...

fingers crossed...and thank you both for your continued input, its appreciated...

Sponsored Links
You could lay the top course and leave it for a day, and then wedge some slate at the back of the bed joint. Then you can point up the front.
If doing it in one go smear some mortar on the bottom of the existing bricks as you put the bricks in. It helps stop the mortar being pushed off the top of the brick you are pushing in.

You could lay the top course and leave it for a day, and then wedge some slate at the back of the bed joint. Then you can point up the front.
If doing it in one go smear some mortar on the bottom of the existing bricks as you put the bricks in. It helps stop the mortar being pushed off the top of the brick you are pushing in.

Darn it...that slate idea was great - but missed it...had to crack on - having cavity wall done weds...

Well - first row look ok - second are slightly outa line with the third row...i was sure it was okay - but didn't see clearly till i stepped back 95% done...

Ho hum - well , special thanks to Cotswoldbuilder & Stuart45 and Woody and thanks to everyone else for chipping in...

I'm not sure the back parts as Stuart mentions are filled correctly, but time will tell I guess....

Thanks all...

Sponsored Links
I've got the pointmaster, and for filling joints after lintel/beam replacement it is brilliant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back