Loose vinyl tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Few of my vinyl tiles were loose, so I peeled them off. And will try to stick the same tiles back on. Few questions:

1) do I have to remove the residual dried up adhesives? They are hard to scrape off, even with a scraper. Or is there an easier way to scrape them off?

2) bought an Impact spray adhesive. Is this suitable to stick them back on?
3) why are they coming loose? Is it because of underfloor heating?

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
As a general principle before refixing anything it is always a good idea to remove residues from both surfaces as any foreign matter will just accelerate future adhesive joint failure. The original adhesive looks like a trowelled on adhesive which is fairly thick so I'm not sure a spray adhesive (which will only provide a thin coating and is really designed to work on smooth flat surfaces would do the job). In fact I thought you had to use a trowelled (notched trowel) with an acrylic based glue on vinyl and that the floor needs to be dry (if needs becwith a liquid DPM applied) and fairly warm before you install vinyl - floorers we've had working with us have always insisted that if it is too cold or the floor is too damp the glue bond can fail

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
The adhesive has to be suitable for underfloor heating , if it wasn’t then you will have more failing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back