losing jobs by doing the right thing

I just need to find out what registrations, extra qualifications I would have to get to work over there- probably the new england/new jersey states.[/quot

Try to contact the UA (united Association) plumbers / steam fitters etc as many states do not require any type of journeyman license as you can work under the license holder.

NJ I would think would have a lot more work as it is more congested.

For example my 2003 Van had less then 5,000 miles on it and the 1995 has less then 30,000

I think you may want to visit first check out the areas as New England (Connecticut) takes me 15 minutes to get to and NJ about 7.

Connecticut does require a journeyman's card If you want you can E mail me to be placed on my plumbing list and ask around if anyone in NJ or NE is hiring.

I had my buddy from Oz who came for a visit accompany me on a few jobs to see if he liked it

Drain cleaning also in the majority of areas require no license.

In 2000 a lady from South Africa contacted me and asked if I knew anyone hiring as her husband was a plumbing contractor along with her uncle and her uncle was attacked and left for dead.

Her husband was also robbed numerous times.

I posted this information on Master plumbers.com where I was the only journalist at that time and sure enough the job offers came pouring in and he moved to Oz and several months later he sent for his wife.

They left everything behind An awful shame

Sponsored Links
we dont have boiler inspectors

$250 / hour = £125 / hour only in jepordy do they pay that

I just got off the phone with a law firm and was told some auto mechanic testified for 3 DAYS and received $18,000

He did spend a lot of time examine the wreckage before testifying

With lawyers running the country and even a simple fall can get someone in excess of $300,000 the sky is the limit if you get established as an "expert" and learn how to play the game in court.

A doctor who is retired I met and he is an expert witness and commands $15,000 per day or any part there of

Being an expert is better then jepordy as expert pay is a sure thing

what do tilers charge over there sylvan? :cool:

Hi JEFOSS there is no set rate as each contractor I know charges what they feel like.

I had one gentleman who came here from Ireland and started a company carpentry and tile work and he replaced 12 tiles 4" x 4" and charged the account $570.00 for about an hours work.

There are other who sell their skills for a lot less some a lot more.

So of like asking how much a painter makes

i had only been in the trade a few months. At which time I was fully checking all appliances when doing a job on another appliance. Not srtictly necessary but it's the standard my trainer expected.

So anyway in this one house the ilfe failed spillage so left it the extra time tried again still spilled so opened window to emulate a permanent vent. Still spilled so Id''d and capped off.

Tenant said "council have just done a landlords check!

'nuff said.

I felt like riddoring it but just told tenant to create a stink with the council and also instructed them not to let anyone just come and turniton again.

At that time i called myself the grim reaper of gas fires. i found so many spilling fires I couldn't believe it.

I still never let anything go with more than the "odd whiff". I suspect that some people with a vested interest in the fire passing are erring not on the side of safety all over the industry.

Mostly it's the radiants and the bbu radiant fire fronts which spill. A new ilfe tendsto pour so much heat up the chimney it draws better.

I won't pass anything for anyone i wouldn't want my children sat in front of for an evening.

Sponsored Links
I would not only lock out the appliance but to cover yourself, you should notify the authorities because if someone should succumb to carbon monoxide poisoning you maybe be held for criminal neglect

think im gonna come and work in the us!

Personally you should never ever cut corners and if someone signed a boiler off in my name id take them to the cleaners, you are now responsible for that boiler!

Back