Lost dipped beam in Citroen C5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason i have lost dipped beam in my 02 Citroen C5
I have main, and sides and fogs (all in the same unit) but bothe the dipped beam bulbs have stopped working.
The bulbs are 10k old (3 months) and i turned my lights on this eve and nothing!
I can still drive by using sides and fogs (actually looks just like normal dips), but i was wondering if anyone else has any ideas.
Ive checked the fuses, the book says one fuse per lamp, but i checked them anyway.
Citroen said check the earth strap to the bulb as this will cause both to go at the same time.. but this seems fine.
any coincidence taht i went through a drive through car wash this afternoon?

Sponsored Links
dabaldie said:
For some reason i have lost dipped beam in my 02 Citroen C5
I have main, and sides and fogs (all in the same unit) but bothe the dipped beam bulbs have stopped working.
The bulbs are 10k old (3 months) and i turned my lights on this eve and nothing!
I can still drive by using sides and fogs (actually looks just like normal dips), but i was wondering if anyone else has any ideas.
Ive checked the fuses, the book says one fuse per lamp, but i checked them anyway.
Citroen said check the earth strap to the bulb as this will cause both to go at the same time.. but this seems fine.
any coincidence taht i went through a drive through car wash this afternoon?

strange fault... could be the switch. if you press it/turn it awkard ways etc do they light up?

usin a multimeter, check at the lights to see if there is power. and check that the negative is connected to the body (or positive, if its positive earth)

gave up this afternoon, and as i was driving past a dealer i called in.
They knew exactly what was wrong.
actually both bulbs had blown at the same time., with the Hdi engine there can be a build up of static from the alternator drive which shorts out and blows any lights that are on.
the official citroen bulletin states to replace the drive belt with a 'non genuine' type!
talk about shying away from a known fault.
that will teach me for not checking the obvious, but then you cant blame me for being surprised they both blew at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Back