Loud boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an old factory / warehouse building. Concrete slab floors through. My neighbors upstairs have recently gut renovated their flat and installed a new boiler. It's quite loud, louder than my own boiler, and sounds like its very low to the ground (aka in my ceiling). It's driving me a bit mad, every time someone shower or uses hot water, theres the loud vibration and annoying sounds of shifting gears (?). Most people have their boilers higher off the ground, ie in their kitchens, but I suspect theirs is in a cupboard in their bathroom.
I was told by my own contractor that new installs needed to be at least 1200 mm off the ground, which seems odd to me considering free standing boilers exist. All I can find on google is that the boiler FLUE needs to be 1200mm off the ground, but not the actual boiler itself. Does any one know?

I'm wondering if I have any legal argument? Is it illegal for their boiler to be on ground? Can I ask them to move it?

All of the bathrooms in the building are internal and dont share an external wall. So the flue would need to run up their wall and across their ceiling to get to the outside, for context.

Can anyone help PLEASE!?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I was told by my own contractor that new installs needed to be at least 1200 mm off the ground, which seems odd to me considering free standing boilers exist. All I can find on google is that the boiler FLUE needs to be 1200mm off the ground, but not the actual boiler itself. Does any one know?
Boilers can be any height off the ground, subject to the clearances in the installation instructions.

Could it be something other than the boiler? Eg, a float valve or failed tap insert?

Sponsored Links
Statutory Nuisance. Contact your council's Environmental Protection team.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back