Loud hammering noise and irregular water flow from bath taps

Possibly - but no point in that either.
Even the most powerful 10.8kW electric shower will still be feeble.

If you want a better shower, get rid of the electric one and fit a thermostatic mixer shower to the hot & cold supplies. Your combi boiler is 3x more powerful than the electric shower.

Sponsored Links
Possibly - but no point in that either.
Even the most powerful 10.8kW electric shower will still be feeble.

If you want a better shower, get rid of the electric one and fit a thermostatic mixer shower to the hot & cold supplies. Your combi boiler is 3x more powerful than the electric shower.

I did wonder about that when I was re-doing the bathroom but decided against it. Hell of a long pipe run from the boiler to the shower. When filling the bath we tend to use hot tap only because so much cold comes out before it starts to run hot! I might have got a more powerful electric shower, but I was just worried about the cable overheating. It's already a tiny bit undersized for an 8.5kW one, but that's what was in the house when we moved it and it hasn't overheated this last 20 years.

If you have an extended HW pipe run from the combi to the outlet then insulate the pipework as much as you can to minimise heat loss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back