Loud pull cord switch

Some of the things in my tins cannot be bought even with difficulty. With some of them I have no idea what they are, how I came by them, if they are still made, or even if they were ever made.
Ditto - but that's surely one of the attractions of such tins :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yes indeed I too have one of those ----- stupid me for a minute I thought there was an actual "bush " just for the job
To be serious, I'd be very surprised if there aren't, if you look around.

Kind Regards, John
AHHHHHH just googled pull cord ceiling bush It THIS post that came up !!!!!!!!!
So there int one

Sponsored Links
AHHHHHH just googled pull cord ceiling bush It THIS post that came up !!!!!!!!! So there int one
That's hardly a surprise! I wasn't meaning to suggest that there would be one specifically sold for ceiling switch pull cords! What I meant was that you should be able to find a bush which is 'just the job' for this application :)

Kind Regards, John

Some of the things in my tins cannot be bought even with difficulty. With some of them I have no idea what they are, how I came by them, if they are still made, or even if they were ever made.
Ditto - but that's surely one of the attractions of such tins :)
Indeed it is.

I trust that periodically you rummage through the tins, in what appears to outsiders who don't understand these things to be a pointless waste of time, in order to ensure that you always have a good memory of what's there?

Indeed it is. I trust that periodically you rummage through the tins, in what appears to outsiders who don't understand these things to be a pointless waste of time, in order to ensure that you always have a good memory of what's there?
Of course - but whether it's due to increasing age or what, each time I rummage, the proportion of items whose identity/origin/purpose/use I can't really make out seems to increase (but those ones certainly need to be kept!).

Kind Regards, John

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO whats the point of the tin if you know whats in there (exactly) half of the joy is finding something that is perfect for the job that you forgot that you saved because it might be useful one day

Sleeping on this I think a lot of the noise is translated by the ceiling acting like a drum skin. So would it be allowed if I were to mount apiece of white foam rubber in between the pull cord back box and the ceiling. I am talking high density stuff like camping mat foam.
I once soundproofed a whole wall with a false wall and none of the studwork was to touch the original wall by the use of foam rubber pads between the studwork and the ceiling and wall.

Sleeping on this I think a lot of the noise is translated by the ceiling acting like a drum skin. So would it be allowed if I were to mount apiece of white foam rubber in between the pull cord back box and the ceiling. I am talking high density stuff like camping mat foam.
I see no reason why not, but how much difference it would make, I'm less certain. For a start, some sound will get transmitted through the fixing screws, even with foam. I would guess that as the density of foam gets greater, it's sound-insulating properties probably diminish.

Kind Regards, John

I see no reason why not, but how much difference it would make, I'm less certain. For a start, some sound will get transmitted through the fixing screws, even with foam. I would guess that as the density of foam gets greater, it's sound-insulating properties probably diminish.

Kind Regards, John
But ok for regs then ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back