Low energy GU10 replacements

Sponsored Links
RF, they are the lamps. They are slightly longer (20mm i heard) than a standard GU10 lamp, so a lot of new fittings (the one the OP linked to) are built specifically to accomodate these.

Sponsored Links
Going to grab mine this morning. Our wholesaler has been waiting ages for his new display/stock. He reckons the demand for these is so high manufacturers simply cannot cope.

I wonder if a punt on the stock market in a company which produces these as I feel in me water the UK will follow Australia's lead and ban 'normal' bulbs

Cheers

Richard

The TLC ones are good, but beware apparently similar ones from Maplin which are slightly oversize and have easily broken covers.
The LED ones from TLC are my favourite. It's amazing how much light from 1.5 watts.
V

viewer said:
The LED ones from TLC are my favourite. It's amazing how much light from 1.5 watts.
V
Do you find they give off a nasty light?

I'm yet to find an LED lamp / fitting suitable for general domestic lighting.

Thanks for all the responces, ive ordered a couple as an experiment. I'll let you know what i think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back