low voltage lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find what I wanted. I want to fit low voltage (12V) recessed spots in a new kitchen. I want to use 10 - 12 in the ceiling. Most kits seem to contain 2 or 4 lights.

Questions:

1) What is the opinion (of those that have them) on wattage for ceiling lamps? Some will be ceiling above w/top, some ceiling to floor, none under top cabinets.

2) What is the calculation to work out the (single) transformer needed for this number of lights?.....

3) ......Or do I have to buy (say) 3 sets of 4 (each with a transformer) and connect them in parralell to the original ceiling rose?

4) Any complications for two-way switching. The current light is two-way.

Thanks

Spikey

Sponsored Links
transformer = watts x number of lights

so 50w lamps x 10 = 500 w

also you would need to reinforce the ceiling to take the weight of a single transformer

get one transformer / light much easier

Best method is to use as many transformers as your budget will allow. One 50/60 va per 50w low volt fitting is best.

And stick to a decent branded one (IBL in my opinion is the best) for transformers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back