Lowered curbs street lamp moving!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any info on the above would be great. I have permission to do this from the council, whats the best way about getting it done?From what i have heard i am looking at £1000 for this !

Sponsored Links
what exactly is your question?

if its moving the street lamp its easy.

you just grab it by the top and pull "pop"out it comes. then stick it back where you want it :LOL:

if only.

you would have to get the council and lecy board involved

the phrase 'from what i have heard' suggests that someone has advised you that moving a lamp post is a viable option.......

i suggest you no longer talk to this person

:LOL:

Surely this has to be done by the Local Authority, and in consulatation with the electric supplier.

I don't think its just a case of moving it, and £1000 sounds too cheap for what is involved

Sponsored Links
^woody^ said:
Surely this has to be done by the Local Authority, and in consulatation with the electric supplier.

I don't think its just a case of moving it, and £1000 sounds too cheap for what is involved

Price will depend on distance to move, but if it is within a couple of meters a gang will move it in a morning, and should complete for <1K (my experience of this is doing bridge reconstruction and having to move street lights to allow craneage).

Your local highway authority will give you a list of approved contractors who can undertake the task.

Faz2726 said:
Any info on the above would be great. I have permission to do this from the council, whats the best way about getting it done?From what i have heard i am looking at £1000 for this !

WOW! :eek: I've just had my gas meter moved 18" and it cost me £500

i don't condone the following in the slightest, but it is what happened...

the lamp post at the end of our street was recently replaced due to a wagon hitting it while reversing back up the street ( cul-de-sac lotacion, no where to turn round for big wagons... )

while the crew were there the guy who owned the house it was outside of went out and asked if they would mind moving it down and to the other side of the pavement ( away from the road side, against his wall ) as he was planning to widen his drive and would have to have this done at a later stage anyway.. £50 backhander later and the job was a good un.. it is now about a meter and a half diagonally from where it used to be..

I don't want to come right out and say it, but you can see what I'm getting at right??? ;) ;)

So if you don't own a wagon, is that £50 for the wagon driver, and then £50 for the lamp post move and £50 for the electricity board rewiring? Plus allow a bit for if the post actually falls onto someones property, and if it is just a slight angle, another £50 to hit it again or £50 to give the guys who come to straighten it up rather than take it down. So it may get costly

And assuming that the post can be moved and the guy who comes to fix it is not some grumpy old jobsworth who don't need the money (becaouse he is on £70k with call out and evening bonuses) and even if he did he just don't want to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back