Luke warm water

Think i'd best do that tomorrow evening? I've had the immersion heater on for an hour or so for hot water so might give a misleading inpression?

Will check tomorrow evening and report back! Cheers again mate :)

Sponsored Links
Does anyone recognise the brass valve ting in the lowest of the first 3 pics? Possilbly a Cyltrol type valve which is out of adjustment or knackered. I'm not clear where the 15mm pipe goes, Gareth that's the small one coming towards you and down, in the photo.

That's not a pressurised cylinder, is it chaps? Heat store? Bit odd having that tiny pressure vessel and the line strainer the wrong way up - which could I suppose be blocked.

Gareth I don't know whasgarnon so I'll pause to suck air in through me teef and tell you need a new one, 3 grand mate, OK?

I'm pretty sure this is a thermal store. combination type cylinder.

the brass valve thing I would imagine is a thermostatic mixing valve.

the small expansion vessel accomodates the expansion of the mains cold water as it enters the hot coil inside the cilinder.

I pressume there is a separate pumped primary circuit and a pumped CH circuit.

thats my tupence worth for now.

ChrisR said:
I'm not clear where the 15mm pipe goes, Gareth that's the small one coming towards you and down, in the photo.

On a similar note:

In the bottom pic of those first three, theres a pipe that goes from right to left, bends 90 degress and then goes all the way down to the bottom. Dont know what this is (overflow I guess?), but its very loose. Its sitting in the socket, but its easily pulled if wigled about. Seems the white plastic joiner thing is broken. Would this be a problem? Should I just tape up the plastic bit to the pipe with some waterproof tape?

Gareth I don't know whasgarnon so I'll pause to suck air in through me teef and tell you need a new one, 3 grand mate, OK?

Errr, that include VAT? :p

Sponsored Links
Nope, they're warm, but not hot. It was this that first made me realise I had a problem because the house was not warming up when I turned the heating on.

Am off home now, so will answer your Q from last night, about the tank being warm.

Cheers

I agree with kev its probably the simplest of these systems. A direct cylinder in respect to a pumped primary circuit with the water in the cylinder and primary circuit being used to feed a pumped central heating circuit. The mains cold enters a coil in the cylinder and comes out hot.

However, I suggest you ask yourself these questions just to be sure.

do you have one energy source (boiler) or is there a wood burning stove in the house?

or even a solar collector on the roof?

do one or more rooms have underfloor heating?

The number of permutations to plumb up these systems is err, ....a lot.

Hi Kev,

email addy is [email protected]

By pumps, do you mean the green and pink things either side?

Brumylad, the answer is no to all your questions. I have one energey source and none of the other stuff mentioned.

Cheers,
Gareth

whoose been reading the brochure

bah.....I've been sussed. I couldn't resist getting a brochure off the shelf, sent to me by ALBION (July 2002).

My parents have a thermal store, its a new house about 4 years old. Works well.

If its a thermal store the water in thet tank should be 82 or so, right? (You can tell I'm an expert :oops: ) So how hot is it? 82 is ever so ever so hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back