Luke warm water

kevplumb said:
gareth mail me cant get this mickey mouse scanner to work without an address in my book :oops:

Done :)

Chris - 82 degrees?!?!?! I wish! Best i can say about the temp right now is that you could wash a baby in it, its that cool!

BTW Kev, to answer that question. I felt the tank in that litle gap and its not hot. Slightly warm at best I'd say.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
just re read the pink pump aint working
thats the one between the tank and the boiler

So you think the pink pump is the cause of the problem? If thats for the c/h, would it also stop the hot water for other stuff?

If this is the cause, any ideas on how much I'd need to pay to get it fixed?

the pink pump (grundfoss) pumps the water from your boiler to the cylinder
the green pump (wilo)pumps the water to your rads
if the pink one aint working
the green one is just scavenging heat
undo the silver screw in the middle of the pump
you will lose some water rags under etc water will be HOT
stick a screwdriver in the hole and try to turn the shaft if it turns you might be lucky and the pump will start if not
new pump
not difficult to change :D

Sponsored Links
should I turn anything off first? Not gonna get an elecy shock or owt am I? :confused:

OK, have taken the screw off the pink pump. Bit of murky looking water dribbled out, which was cold.

Cant see much in there. Should I just stick a screwdiver in an wiggle it about?

Not much happening. Tried a small flat head and also a philips. Tried turning clockwise and anti clockwise with a fair amount of pressure. Nothing happening.

Nope. Nothing seems to be happening on the pink one. If I turn on the heating and water together, then a little bit of water dribbles out of the pink one again, I can hear a noice, but thats it really. If i turn the switch on the black box on the pink pump then the noise drops, but dont think anything is really turning.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=42120.jpg

Bit of a crap pic. Been sticking a screwdriver in the hole in the middle, where the screw was taken from.

Forget the last bit. If I turn the heating on, then I can see something moving inside the pink pump. If I turn the heating off and leave just the water on then the pump stops spinning

either change the pump or get somebody to change the pump
assuming it has power to it
if it has power its gone to that big boiler in the sky
if you can afford to drink stella you can afford a pump
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OK. Great stuff. Thanks for all your help mate.

Any ideas where to pick one of these up? Whats the average price like?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back