Lutron Grafik Integrale

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My GXI-3000 appears to have died.

There was a '2' in the Fade display box, and the unit didn't respond.

I pressed all the buttons and the 2 went.

The only response I get out of it is when I hold down the Zone 1 and Zone 2 down buttons.... all the LEDS on the panel light up.

I have tried disconnecting all the lighting circuit zones in case there was a short, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any one got any ideas?

Or is there anything I can replace it with temporarily while I wait for a RTB?

Running off it I have 12V Halogens.
4 zones
Zone 1 9 Halogens x50W
Zone 2 4x50W
Zone 3 8x50W
Zone 4 4x50W

Can I just replace one of those zones with a simple switch just to give me some light for temporarily? Or a 4 gang switch?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Whatever you use I wouldn't have thought that controlling the lighting for an entire house from a single location was remotely practical.....

It doesn't control the whole house !?

It controls 4 zones in a large open area including lounge (ceiling and wall), dining room and reception area.

It must be very large indeed to need 1.25kW of lighting.

So even though it's only on one floor isn't it still a real nuisance to have to schlep on over to the controls from wherever you happen to be, or do you have remotes scattered around this enormous space?

Sponsored Links
I don't have ALL the lights on FULL all the time :eek:
In fact I rarely put any of the zones on full.
The only reason they are 50W bulbs is because they were in situ when I moved in 3 years ago, as and when they blow I'll replace them with lower wattage.

If I'm in the lounge area I'll probably have Zone 3 on 50% (200W) and maybe Zone 2 on 25% (50W)

If I'm in the dining area I'll probably have Zone 2 on 25% and Zone 4 on 75%

The control panel is at the entrance (from the kitchen) to the open plan area. So as I enter the area I select 'scene' for the area that I'll be in.

Plus it can all be operated by remote control ;)

But it's all a moot point now as the system is dead anyway :LOL:

But if you wanted all of the space fully lit you would need them all on.

1.25kW.

It's either an enormous space or has such an appallingly inefficient lighting system that it must have been designed by a complete idiot.

But I don't EVER need the whole space FULLY lit !?

Surely that's like saying if you wanted all of your house lit up then and turned all your lights on then you're using all of the bulbs in the house !?

Yes that's right... if I FULLY turn ALL the lights on then YES I am using 1.25Kw... but I don't and I don't !

Achy, please excuse ban's "sledgehammer" method of telling us that he hates halogen downlights. I'm not keen on them, but I dont go about forcing my beliefs onto others.

Lutron stuff isnt very widespread, perhaps you'd have more luck emailing their tech dept.

On another point, I have a 2 bed semi, lit by 214 watts of light in total, including outside. Oh, and I have two plug-in lamps, totalling 24 watts. :idea:

But I don't EVER need the whole space FULLY lit !?

Surely that's like saying if you wanted all of your house lit up then and turned all your lights on then you're using all of the bulbs in the house !?
But if I did I wouldn't use 1.25kW for the entire house.

Yes that's right... if I FULLY turn ALL the lights on then YES I am using 1.25Kw... but I don't and I don't !
Well break it down into areas - just how big is the area covered by Zone 1 that it needs 450W? That's more than I need for the entire ground floor of my house, so does that mean that just 1 of the 4 zones in your open plan area is larger than the floor area of my house?

Or does it mean you've got a ludicrously inefficient lighting system installed?

If I'm in the lounge area I'll probably have Zone 3 on 50% (200W) and maybe Zone 2 on 25% (50W)

If I'm in the dining area I'll probably have Zone 2 on 25% and Zone 4 on 75%
I don't know what those % figures refer to. If they're light output then at 50% you'll still be using about 75% of the power. Reduce the power to 50% and light output falls to about 20% (and the colour temperature will probably have gone noticeably yellow).

I suspect you mean light output, as you mention 25% - at 25% power the lamps would barely glow a faint red.

t236179.jpg

PS - dimming halogen lamps shortens their lives.

Achy, please excuse ban's "sledgehammer" method of telling us that he hates halogen downlights. I'm not keen on them, but I dont go about forcing my beliefs onto others.
I'm not forcing my beliefs onto anyone - just trying to drive home the point that using torches to light rooms is sheer lunacy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back