M25 Eco Protests

Stop China from producing? Are you mad? How would the UK survive without the vast amount of goods we consume from China?

50 odd coal fired power stations a month coming on line

Than there is Australia with there coal industry go and protest there in as well

India 70 % of leccy via coal and set to increase go there and protest

or go to Germany they have coal fired powered stations

set an example don’t buy goods from China noseall

stop flying abroad on yer pointless holiday sking trips

Sponsored Links
50 odd coal fired power stations a month coming on line

Than there is Australia with there coal industry go and protest there as well

India 70 % of leccy via coal and set to increase go there and protest

or go to Germany they have coal fired powered stations
Or just protest in the country in which you live. Simples.

How about that China goods boycott? Any takers?

Lol.

Or just protest in the country in which you live. Simples.

How about that China goods boycott? Any takers?

Lol.

not me

than again I don’t assume I occupy the moral high ground

jeez us all those who do set an example alter yer life style and stop being a total bunch of hypocrites

like them m25 fruit cakes go and protest on the side of the road
Not in the middle of it causing chaos

So why protest and cause disruption and potentially deaths in a country which is trying hard to do something about it? Better to do this in the countries at the root of the issue I think..
But we're not, we are a very wasteful very polluting nation, we need to put our own house in order we should be doing a whole lot more than we are.

Sponsored Links
Why does it always have to be some other individual in the UK that should do some thing

it’s always some one else’s fault or responsibility

how about all those whinging on about this caper

set an example in there own lives

And when push comes to shove they do nowt of any consequence

But we're not, we are a very wasteful very polluting nation, we need to put our own house in order we should be doing a whole lot more than we are.

Well, you be the first to go back to living in a cave then, if you think our lifestyle is so very wrong.

The whole thing is almost lol funny if it wasn't so serious. It's all one big CLUSTER F**K, held together as you're all touching on by globilisation, built in obsolescence, millions addicted to consuming, millions that want to jet here there everywhere, a capitalist consumerist model that 100% relies on economic growth. And we all, to varying degrees, are guilty of contributing to it.

Many people that say 'oh I know, it's terrible isn't it' in reference to all things climate, won't even make the correlation between it and how they live/consume. From the boardroom to the street ... cluster f**k.

Let's be honest, and this isn't a popular thing to say, much of this is going to be down to future generations to sort. For those of us 40+, yeah we can make whatever individual changes, but at best we have 4ish decades left on the planet. In terms of actual, significant changes to all the aforementioned, do we really think it'll happen within 30-40 years? I don't.

Next generations ... over to you. Did we f**k up? Perhaps. But it'll be up to you to sort it properly.

Is that the only option you can see? Massive wasteful consumerism - or cave?

o_O

Well here's the thing, David Attenborough and Greta Thundberg want you to live in a cave, of course they won't, they'll travel the world preaching their mad religion and expect the gullible masses to revert to the stone age, or glue their faces to the M25.

Nosy, cement production is the 3rd largest producer of CO2, prove your greern credentials and stop using it tomorrow, be sure to let us know how you get on.

Well here's the thing, David Attenborough and Greta Thundberg want you to live in a cave, of course they won't, they'll travel the world preaching their mad religion and expect the gullible masses to revert to the stone age, or glue their faces to the M25.

Nosy, cement production is the 3rd largest producer of CO2, prove your greern credentials and stop using it tomorrow, be sure to let us know how you get on.
This is the thing, whether we like it or not, we're all trapped in the cluster f**k. I wonder how many eco warriors use no societal infrastructure and/or services. In some way, most of them are engaging with things during their day to day that require a supply chain, procurement of goods/services, using infrastructure etc etc.

It's all SO intertwined, it'll take decades to untangle. Most of us on here will be long gone ;)

no they don't

you are talking nonsense

as usual.

David Attenborough has on numerous occasions called for air travel to be priced beyond the reach of the working classes to cut down pollution, go live in caves you working class scum whilst I travel the globe ten times over whilst preaching about the harm air travel does. What a ******* nutjob.
He's now saying he intends travelling far less if at all, fair enough, he's about 110 years old now, Joe Biden stands more chance of negotiating aircraft steps than he does.
As for Greta, not worth commenting on.

I remember that Attenborough took over at the beeb as the resident animal bloke and environmentalist, not long after David Bellamy found himself blacklisted.
For the record, I trust Bellamy's views over Attenborough's any day of the week, a degree of scepticism and not being in somebody's pocket goes a long way, of course he didn't fit in with the 'groupthink' of the time.

Well, you be the first to go back to living in a cave then, if you think our lifestyle is so very wrong.
Not for me, like you I take the middle ground, we try not to be so wasteful but I do recognise that even my own ecological footprint is unsustainable. I really don't know what the solution is, in fact I think we're heading for an absolute climate disaster in the next 100 years and it is unstoppable, human nature is that of greed and we will never change that.

But all that said, I think these protesters are right, I take my hat off to them, I admire them for their stance - I'm hoping they will prove me wrong and bring about change.

Correct. And our insatiable appetite for cheap throw-away goods will keep those Chinese coal fired power stations, running on full capacity.
Indeed, how the pollution map of the world would change if we looked at where the end product is made rather than where it is manufactured

Sponsored Links
Back