Magnaclean / Combimate - cost of fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Without going into the debate as to whether these things work or not, can someone give me an idea of what it would cost to have a Magnaclean and / or a Cistermiser Combimate fitted?

Many thanks
Mimi

Sponsored Links
Realistically to supply and fit a magnaclean (an easy fit) would be approx £150 + VAT

Sponsored Links
Amount of hours to drain and refill the system plus 1 hour times the hourly rate. If you have a properly installed sealed system that would total 2 hours.
Poorly installed and badly corroded open vent could keep you busy all day sorting out airlocks.

on a combi i charge £200 if ive already got it drained down to do a repair, £250 if its a stand alone job

Thanks guys.

I was quoted £270 + vat to fit a new magnaclean and £70 + vat to refit the combimate which I already have.

Amount of hours to drain and refill the system plus 1 hour times the hourly rate. If you have a properly installed sealed system that would total 2 hours.
Poorly installed and badly corroded open vent could keep you busy all day sorting out airlocks.

Yes Op with the very fact you need a magnaclean come the implication there are other system issues which would make the job insufficient if treated as stand alone. You may have a blocked junction where the cold feed T's into the flow pipe which is typically placed inconveniently for maintenance... etc etc.

paul i think the op has a combi, bg would supply and fit ya the magnaclean for around £250 inc vat as long as there is access to do so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back