MagnaClean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering from people who install a lot of magnaclean, if they had any difference in result of magnetite captured if it is fitted vertical or horizontal?

I know the manufacturer says they can be fitted 360 degree, but i was just wondering the difference in result.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Its a very powerful magnet and will strongly attract magnetic particles.

The only problem is that they do not attract non-magnetic dirt.

Could you explain you interest in asking this question?

Tony

Fitted one, but didn't catch much dirt. But when you look on the website it shows it is catching tons of dirt. Don't know how small magnetic bits are getting through.

Sponsored Links
They only catch magnetic dirt.

If its not catching much dirt then either there is not much dirt or the dirt is not magnetic !

Tony

How long did you leave it after fitting before you checked it? Maybe the system isnt too bad, remember its not a miracle cure and if theres carp in the system it wont suck it around to the magnaclean

But vertical makes it easier to get the top off without water going everywhere.....

fit quite a lot and even on brand new installs it will collect the **** on a flush out. better than hiting the pump on the return of a combi.

Fitted it on the return flow. I thought the magnet would be super powerful and just suck the magnetic bits out.

It really does not matter which way its fitted.

Putting a bucket under it when opening is hardly an onerous task!

Having said that its usually fairly easy to ensure its mostly vertical.

Tony

****e that is in the system needs to be dislodged first
Magnet only gets whats flowing over it

In that case, you either don't have a lot of crap in the system, or if there is, it is stuck, or your pump is doing very little.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back