MagnaClean

Its a very powerful magnet and will strongly attract magnetic particles.

The only problem is that they do not attract non-magnetic dirt.
Could you explain which particles you would expect to find (in a heating system) that are not attracted to a magnet?
Sand
Wood
Bits of solder
Copper (shavings)
Alluminium
Brass
Limescale
Red/brown ferrous oxide
Plastic

Maybe you are not the boiler expert you pretend to be goldborg?
How many have you installed?
Or repaired?
And how many of those were done legally?

Sponsored Links
when i drain out from the drain cock, there should not be an magnetic bits coming out of it as they should be captured by the magnaclean.
What makes you think that the "bits" are coming from the direction of the Magnaclean?

i would say sufficient amount would eventually affect the boiler.
What are you thinking that the "very tiny bits" will do to the boiler?

i would say sufficient amount would eventually affect the boiler.
What are you thinking that the "very tiny bits" will do to the boiler?

Wear out the pump on the double.
Act as a catalyst for corrosion.
Speed up the forming of deposits on the spindle of diverters.
Prohibit the prv from operating properly.
And, indeed, cause the plate hex to block.

Really, you have been reading so many posts on this forum, even you should know the basics of this stuff. :rolleyes:

The design of the Magnaclean, like everything in the world, is a compromise.

Actually not a very good compromise either!

The body is too wide!

The flow will tend to follow the OUTSIDE of the drum instead of the INSIDE where the magnet is keeping most of the particles furthest away from the magnet!

Centrifugal action will cause heavier particles to move to the outside too.

Once the magnet has 10 mm of dirt round it it has lost most of its attraction!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have closed the valve under the boiler. So no water can come from that end. So the only direct they are coming from is the magnaclean end.

Small bits usually end up in the plat heat exchanger. They settle in the small passages of the hex and then eventually make it inefficient and make the boiler over heat and therefore the boiler turns off.

I have fitted loads, and never had a problem if a single one of them, I also fitted one at my snooker club and I can assure anyone they work very well indeed.

The water has gone from black and full of $hit to a slight tinge.

I agree with agile about the vortex thing.

The example shown in magnacleans brochure is of motionless water, therefore the magnet i think is moer effective. But when you apply it to the real world, connected to the boiler system, the water is moving not motionless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back