Can You Fit A Magnaclean To Horizontal Pipework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The layout and position of the vertical flow and return pipes for my combi would make fitting a magnaclean difficult.

There is lots of horizontal pipework in the loft of my bungalow. Can I fit a magnaclean to these?

Sponsored Links
It could be connected the horizontal pipework without too much trouble, provided the magnaclean can be positioned Vertically.

It does need to be in the return as close to the boiler as practical.

Sponsored Links
Magnaclean can be installed on pipework in any direction.

Yes I know that Ben, but if you install it on the flow all the cr@p has to pass through the boiler before it gets to the filter.

Being as how the main exercise is to protect the boiler it's not a good plan in my opinion.

Magnaclean can be installed on pipework in any direction.

Yes I know that Ben, but if you install it on the flow all the cr@p has to pass through the boiler before it gets to the filter.
To avoid confusion, a magnaclean can be connected to [a pipe in any position] as long as it is on the return, between the last tee and the boiler, so that all the flow from the system gets filtered before going back into the boiler.

There is lots of horizontal pipework in the loft of my bungalow. Can I fit a magnaclean to these?
There's no reason why not.

You'll want to keep the Magnaclean vertical, but it has vertically offset connections so all you'll need to do is turn one one leg of the pipework upwards on an elbow and into the isolating valve. The other leg can should be able to go straight in.

Why not fit a Spirovent instead. It is time proven, comes in horiz and vertical versions, has a simple tap for cleaning out and is most unlikely to leak.

None of which can be said about a Magnaclean, which is the 'Emperors new clothes' of central heating.

i agree spirovent is solid,can fit in tight spaces,versatile,easy to clean,
magnaclean has a dozing pot,which saves going into loft F&e tank to add inhibiter.im a lazy bugger
whith magnaclean i dont like things made of plastic on heating systems,only time will tell.
next chance i get ill a try spirovent.

I can't see where in my system it can be fitted. The boiler (new Grant Pro 15/26) does not have room and I have no idea where the last return pipe from the rads is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back