MagnaClean installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a look at the MagnaClean installation guide and it says it can be installed on horizontal pipework, but all the diagrams show the device itself being in a vertical position. Is having it installed horizontally likely to cause any problems?

Sponsored Links
While not a heating expert by far, I fitted one of these in the past for a friend and while you're correct the literature says it can be installed in horizontal pipework, everything else relates to the actual filter assembly being fitted in the vertical.

Q. Can I fit MagnaClean Professional horizontally?

A. MagnaClean Professional can be fitted in any orientation. Each isolation valve can rotate through 360° making it possible to install in a vertical position on horizontal pipework.

https://www.adey.com/themes/adey/assets/downloads/Pro_Installation.pdf

Edit: Since everything says to install vertical, I'd personally assume there's something to do with how the water travels through the filter that makes it as efficient as the manufacturers intended. Installing in any other orientation is likely to reduce performance.

Kind regards

Phil

No it cant be installed like that, no problem with it being installed on Horizontal pipes but the unit must be vertical, among other reasons , how are you going to bleed it like that ? all the air will be trapped in the top half , and when you open it to clean it all the water will run out

Sponsored Links
you cut the horizontal pipe, and remove the pipe clamps, and bend one side down a bit, and one side up a bit.

then fit the magnaclean vertically.

Thanks for all your replies. I'll ask the company that fitted it to come back and refit it vertically.

Attachments

• 2020-01-07 20_04_19-MagnaClean installation _ DIYnot Forums.png
    2020-01-07 20_04_19-MagnaClean installation _ DIYnot Forums.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 843
It has been fitted that way, the OP is asking if it will work, the answer is NO it wont

That's not the answer you originally gave.

You can do anything you want, but it doesn't mean you should or that it will work.

Correct, it will not work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back