MagnaClean

It really does not matter which way its fitted.

Putting a bucket under it when opening is hardly an onerous task!

Having said that its usually fairly easy to ensure its mostly vertical.

Tony

Agreed, not an onerous task, but having to walk down from the top of a three floor house to the van just for a bucket is a pain....

Sponsored Links
I was just wondering from people who install a lot of magnaclean, if they had any difference in result of magnetite captured if it is fitted vertical or horizontal?

I know the manufacturer says they can be fitted 360 degree, but i was just wondering the difference in result.
If you read the instructions carefully, it's only the inlet and outlet pipes which can be rotated through 360 degreees. The actual unit has to be vertical with lid at the top.

The orientation of the pipes won't make any difference to how much is collected.

Sponsored Links
I rang Magnaclean over this when I had mine installed. I was told not to install it upside down as this negates the vortex effect required for it to work.

Thats the wrong answer!

It will work in any orientation.

However, to enable the air to be bled from the top its best fitted with the top upermost. That will also make it easier to open without spilling much water and enable it to be used as a dosing vessel.

Tony

I rang Magnaclean over this when I had mine installed. I was told not to install it upside down as this negates the vortex effect required for it to work.

only the new one with the wire mesh filter has to be fitted upright, the original works in any position

I got a colapsible bucket and spunge from a £1 shop (well bought a few of them) keep it in bottom of tool box, for these very scenarios. When you are doing low paid multiple jobs in a day you have to find ways to carry everything you might need.

only the new one with the wire mesh filter has to be fitted upright, the original works in any position
Due to mine being installed too close to the boiler it would have been better if I had been able to install it upsdie down! Will see if I can spin it round.

I was thinking about the vortex thing. As the spirovent are meant to be fitted vertical as well.

But then with magnaclean do you make the flow come in from the bottom or top?

Fitted one, but didn't catch much dirt.
What made you think that the system has "dirt" in it?

But when you look on the website it shows it is catching tons of dirt.
If it didn't then nobody would buy them.

Don't know how small magnetic bits are getting through.
What makes you think that there are any paramagnetic "bits" in the system?

Its a very powerful magnet and will strongly attract magnetic particles.

The only problem is that they do not attract non-magnetic dirt.
Could you explain which particles you would expect to find (in a heating system) that are not attracted to a magnet?

The system has a drain cock just after the magnaclean. So technically when i drain out from the drain cock, there should not be an magnetic bits coming out of it as they should be captured by the magnaclean.

However there are small magnetic bits coming out, they are very tiny but even so i would say sufficient amount would eventually affect the boiler.

I know the bits are magnetic as i have checked with a magnet.

How about particles of copper. :rolleyes:
Very good. I'm sure Agile appreciates you stepping in for him.

Do you often find heating systems being blocked by a conglomeration of copper particles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back