Main boiler and 210 unvented cylinder vs Vaillant and Megafl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Quick question. I'm having building work done and my quote details a Vaillant boiler and Megaflo system.

I've been away while they do the plumbing and they have fitted a MAIN 24Kw boiler and a 210 MAIN unvented cylinder.

I want a reliable HW/CH system and am not so hung up on the brands but rather on the reliability of the system over time.

Does anyone have any insight into how upset I should be with them? Will the MAIN gear work fine into the future and do the job? It will have to heat ten radiators ultimately.

Thanks.

Richard.

Sponsored Links
main stuff is pretty good for a budget brand, but it is that, a "budget brand". The difference in price between what is quoted and what has been fitted is significantly different. I would prefer the vaillant over the main, but if you can get a refund for the difference then I would be tempted to stick with what you have.

they are not supplying the goods they quoted you for so on that score you have a grievance...

I would add that if you are using on-off controls then the main is probably ok..simple, english and cheap...what more could you want!

Sponsored Links
about half the price & about half the warrentee time that's the difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back