Main cut out fuse rating verification

Sorry, I must have taken "they changed all my tails - seemingly to 16mm² ones" ... to mean "they changed all my tails to 16mm² ones".
Yes, I could have been clearer, although the "-" in the middle of my sentence perhaps makes it slightly better than it would have been without it :)

To clarify ... "They changed my tails by replacing them with new ones" ... "and the replacements were the same size as the ones they were replacing" (my point having been that this was not fully consistent with your "Everyone has been putting in 25mm tails forever now").

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
When was that John ?
As I said,6 or so years ago - conceivably a bit more, but certainly not a lot more.
Do they carry 16mm on the van these days?
They presumably did at the time!

Mind you, as I've said, it certainly all "looks like" 16mm², but I can't be totally certain. One thing which may have influenced them is that my incoming ('overhead') supply has it's last 20 or so metres clipped too my outside wall in what, again, "looks like" 16mm² singles".

One thing that increases my belief that it is 16mm² is that, as I said, when they first did it (~6 years ago), they reproduced the previous situation in which the phase tails 'appeared to be 16mm²' but the neutral one 'appeared to be 25mm²' (which suggests that whoever did it had little understanding of 3-phase electricity :) ). After that, the neutral one was certainly larger (until the subsequent meter changer replaced it with one the same size as the phase ones).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back