Main Eco Compact Combi missing fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My fathers boiler, (above) one year old, has flooded the heat exchanger due to a blocked condensate pipe. Water in the pcb and gas valve.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
On the old main combis there was a sensor to stop the boiler firing if the pipe froze/blocked, is this correct?

Surely on the new models this hasn’t been omitted?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I meant to say the boiler cut out with E133, interruption of gas supply or flame.

There has to be a code for blocked condensate before this fault code (E133) triggers??

There has to be a code for blocked condensate before this fault code (E133) triggers??
Nope, a lot of modern combi’s have these codes built in for flame failure/interruption.

I have had 2 instances where this has happened (different boilers), it’s often due to the lack of air gap supplied on the installation,but this would be laid out in the instructions.

upload_2021-5-22_22-38-10.jpg

Sponsored Links
this is from main website, e133 is now shown but is not included in the printed instruction manual.

Nope, a lot of modern combi’s have these codes built in for flame failure/interruption.

I have had 2 instances where this has happened (different boilers), it’s often due to the lack of air gap supplied on the installation,but this would be laid out in the instructions.

thanks Chris

My father has been a corgi and then gas safe engineer for 30 years, he fitted the boiler, I’m not technically minded or trained, where would the possible lack of air gap be please?

where would the possible lack of air gap be please?
On the condensate pipe run.

Edit: My apologies Michael, if it’s the same boiler I’ve just looked up, it appears there’s no need for an air gap:

Attachments

• B7CD08E8-C9B1-4E18-B9C7-8194E3FECF1F.jpeg
    B7CD08E8-C9B1-4E18-B9C7-8194E3FECF1F.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back