Mains Smoke Alarm Wiring - Very Odd!!

Sponsored Links
However, I could see some theoretical merit in having wireless as well as wired interconnection, since it's not beyond the realms of possibility that wired interconnections could fail in the case of a major fire - but I don't know if any have that facility

If there fire has got to that point where you're smoke cable has melted away before it was activated, you've got MAJOR issues. FP200/Pyro to the rescue!

Wireless only and can update it's firmware via the Internet automatically, so when the update goes wrong or the firmware supplied has some issue, the thing no longer works. Door also wide open for all kinds of security issues.

And you pay 5x more than a normal alarm for these 'benefits'.

Sponsored Links
I imagine that in most domestic properties, if you aren't out by the time that point is reached then you won't be going out until the chaps with the body bags arrive.

Wireless only and can update it's firmware via the Internet automatically, so when the update goes wrong or the firmware supplied has some issue, the thing no longer works. Door also wide open for all kinds of security issues.
Definitely not for me, then!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back