Mains smoke alarms [linked]

Sponsored Links
You're obviously entitled to do that, but an entire drum of 3C+E will cost you less than one (decent) radiolink base

You're obviously entitled to do that, but an entire drum of 3C+E will cost you less than one (decent) radiolink base
But no longer have access to run cable as half the house has been boarded. Would it be ok to run a single cable via another route to make up the three core and earth.I can re-run two of the routes but one is now impossible.

Sponsored Links
Just had another look and realised I might be able to re-run all [albeit via completely differing routes] , in which case do I go with 1.0mm or 1.5mm [hoping this will not cause another argument.]

if theres not much price difference and you can afford it then go for 1.5mm 3core and earth
I think the argument (16 page discussion) was that it could be classed as a power circuit and some beleive that the minimum size for a power circuit is 1.5, as opposed to a lighting circuit which allows 1mm

Price difference is less than a £10 so 1.5mm it is. Just wish I could drill round corners.:censored:

1.0mm² 3 core and earth will be more than adequate for 3 smoke alarms connected to a 5/6A lighting circuit.

Price difference is less than a £10 so 1.5mm it is. Just wish I could drill round corners.:censored:
To be honest, maybe im a bit heavy handed as im used to bigger cables, but i find 1mm a bit flimsy and a few times on taking a switch or something off the core has snapped at the termination, i worked for firms that refused to use 1mm and i beleive a few councils dont allow it on there contracts, in the past any private jobs i have done i have gone for 1.5

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back