Mains water pipe in slightly the wrong place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have my mains pipe coming into the side of my house. I am going to have the adjacent wall studded out and therefore want to hide the mains pipe behind it and put on a low profile stop tap.

My question is that it is approx 10” further along the wall than needed. Is it ok to make a channel to the other wall and if so how deep does it need to be and how much space around the incoming pipe is needed to secure an angle joint to take it along? Thanks in advance.

Sorry I know the picture is gross, it’s in an old kitchen that I’m in the process of ripping out!

Attachments

• 73FD3719-C9D3-49E6-AFED-A972EA6E72AD.jpeg
    73FD3719-C9D3-49E6-AFED-A972EA6E72AD.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 208
Sponsored Links
I’m not entirely sure what you want to achieve, however, stop cocks are to be accessible.

I am wanting to run it up the wall to the left in the pic. The stopcock can be accessible via a hatch in the stud wall, that’s not an issue, there is also another stopcock outside anyway. I just don’t want this pipe showing on this wall as it’s going to be a lounge. Planning to run it along under the flooring to circumvent this issue.

Sounds feasible, and as long as it’s accessible.

Sponsored Links
It’s copper pipe coming in. I know that an additional stopcock was placed just outside this room in case this inner one failed. I haven’t examined that yet.

New pipe will need to be protected if burying in concrete/screed, ideally it needs putting in a duct rather than burying in the floor. Need to expose whats under the floor and see whereabouts you can join onto the existing I think before doing much else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back