Making an opening near a drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's is an existing drain where I'm about to add a patio door. I'll attach a photo. The purple line shows where the opening will be. The brickwork to the left of that line will be removed to make the opening. My question is, will the BCO have any issues with it. My main concern is, as there will be a lot of weight going on that area from the lintel and weight above that including a point load so is that drain likely be considered something that could undermine the wall that will take the extra weight as it is so close. Less of a concern is does the drain need to be moved if it's in an area where people will step out or can it have a cover that takes foot traffic? Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20220419_165017.jpg
    IMG_20220419_165017.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
That’s only a gully, not a drain.

The gully doesn’t go under the foundation, it only butts up to the side of it - probably with a 90deg bend

Thanks. I wasn't sure what to call it.
So assuming it's not leaking can I just carry on?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back