Making radiator pipe shrouds from chrome pipe

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Jesus Christ. A week of idiots.

I know. I suggested 15mm chrome in #8.

The white pipe will be plastic. As loved by new house builders. I do recall decades ago when it was introduced, the pipe was for the unseen sections. All visible pipe would be proper copper.
The work seen now is, IMO, a disgrace. And there is even a special fitting to facilitate the carp work

I suggested 15mm chrome in #8.

#8:
If all the rads will be piped from under boards why not just use 15mm pipe to valves?
You didn't mention chrome in #8, so I had assumed you meant using the 15mm white finish pipe which is what I have seen installed.

The white pipe will be plastic. As loved by new house builders. I do recall decades ago when it was introduced, the pipe was for the unseen sections. All visible pipe would be proper copper.
The work seen now is, IMO, a disgrace. And there is even a special fitting to facilitate the carp work
Interesting.

#8:
You didn't mention chrome in #8, so I had assumed you meant using the 15mm white finish pipe which is what I have seen installed.

Interesting.

OK. Using useless Kindle Fire. Laptop had it.
Tried to correct autocorrect and it musdt hgsve deleted "chrome".
But WTF would you imagine I meant White pipe? Given the context it obvious I meant Chrome.

You aren't, perchance, related to Gas Busters?

OK. Using useless Kindle Fire. Laptop had it.
Tried to correct autocorrect and it musdt hgsve deleted "chrome".
But WTF would you imagine I meant White pipe? Given the context it obvious I meant Chrome.

You aren't, perchance, related to Gas Busters?
I have no background in plumbing, so I was unaware that chrome pipe could be connected directly onto white (presumably plastic) piping. That is, until muggles informed of this possibility in#18.

I dislike this obsession with chrome. All a bit "bling" IMO.

OK for taps and rad valves, but what's wrong with neatly run copper pipework polished to bring out its natural lustre?

I dislike this obsession with chrome. All a bit "bling" IMO.

OK for taps and rad valves, but what's wrong with neatly run copper pipework polished to bring out its natural lustre?
I agree

But chrome is a step up from plastic!

What is the obsession with white plastic? New builds tend tyo be plastic. Retri s tend to be copper. But maje sdsdure when you talk to the plumber.

But thee Pole is right IMO. Chrome is OK in the bathroom otherwise paint the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back