Makita 8443D combo 18V

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My makita 8443D 18V has been fine until few weeks a go I noticed when using to screw the gears crash (like when change gears on a car without clutch). What has gone wrong with it.

To be honest I don't know what the workings of a cordless drill machine are. Is it repairable or will be wasting my money. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
sounds like (just like a car) you have damaged a tooth or two, or the gears are moving on their shafts

throw it away and get a new one, sad, annoying but knowing makita ££££££

I hope you are right about the setting being set wrong, new gearbox £96.87

Sponsored Links
is that one with a 3 speed gearbox ??? if so try makita as they have been a problem since they first came out ( problem is sorted now i gather with a upgraded gear box)

sounds like (just like a car) you have damaged a tooth or two, or the gears are moving on their shafts

throw it away and get a new one, sad, annoying but knowing makita ££££££

Which one do you recommend I should go for. Is bosch any better.

the new bosch "turbo tough" look like they will knock spots of makita - and any other makes :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-8444dz-18v-mxt-combi-drill-naked-p1455
Be as well buying a new drill body and using the existing batteries. Just double check that the batteries from the 8443 will fit on the 8444. I have the 8444 and it's fantastic. ;)

Hi "gcol"

My makita 8443 has served me well. This drill was a godsend to me. I lent it to a friend it came back well hammered and hasn't been right since. I visited my local power tools outlet last friday. Seen both makita 8444 and the new bosch GSB 18VE-2. Both good machines makita costing slightly more but bosch has more power and battery charge time is 30 mins.

Bosch is also heavy but has edge over makita I think. What do you think. Which machine shall I go for.

My vote is for the 8444d.

I use it with 3x3.0ah batteries and its excellent.

I have not used the Bosch, as most of my gear is makita.

Alan

My vote is for the GSB 18VE-2.

I use it with 3x2.6ah batteries and its excellent.

I have not used the Makita, as most of my gear is Bosch.

;) ;) ;)

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-8444dz-18v-mxt-combi-drill-naked-p1455
Be as well buying a new drill body and using the existing batteries. Just double check that the batteries from the 8443 will fit on the 8444. I have the 8444 and it's fantastic. ;)

Hi "gcol"

My makita 8443 has served me well. This drill was a godsend to me. I lent it to a friend it came back well hammered and hasn't been right since. I visited my local power tools outlet last friday. Seen both makita 8444 and the new bosch GSB 18VE-2. Both good machines makita costing slightly more but bosch has more power and battery charge time is 30 mins.

Bosch is also heavy but has edge over makita I think. What do you think. Which machine shall I go for.
Like I said, you can probably use your existing batteries if you just bought the 8444 "naked" (without batteries) and save a packet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back