Makita v DeWalt

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice, i've now taken delivery of my kit which i got here,

http://www.my-tool-shed.co.uk/p1012...gle&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=DeWalt20

I was torn between the DeWalt and Makita, the 2 things that swung it was DeWalt's 3 year warrenty and their Tough System Tool Box...in fairness to both i doubt there is a cig paper between them in performance.

If Makita had the confidence to offer a 3 year warrenty i'd have probably gone with that, simply because i've used more Makita in the past, that said i'm happy with DeWalt and will start adding naked units as the need for them happens.

Thanks again guys....

Sponsored Links
Update, the DeWalt kit is going fine...the other day i had reason to drill through a sofit while hanging off a ladder, the surveyor thought it would be plastic or wood. Turned out to be 5 inch of concrete...i jest not.

The hammer drill smashed through it with a 10mm bit not once, but 12 times, with only one change of battery.....enough said me thinks!!!

:D :eek: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back