Manhole query

Sponsored Links
You might be better swapping the lid for a sealed one.

I don’t think you have to move it but if it’s just a straight through or picking up a single connection it would be easier to move, if there are loads of connection it would be difficult.

The other thing you need to know is if it’s just serving your house or if it’s shared with any neighbours.

Your water company may not permit an internal manhole if you plan on building the extension around it

depends what criteria you wonder whether it needs to be moved outside.
You don't have to make changes to something existing, even if it didn't already comply.
but I would say an indoor manhole is not much use as you wouldn't want to open it if there were issues with the drains. Personally I'd make sure all the drainage went outside as short a path as possible and manholes at the appropriate points outside, even if it cost a few hundred up to a thousand onto the build. but it depends on your priority and if you're selling it soon!

Sponsored Links
As part of your planning for teh extension, if the old manhole will be under the extension then i would seal over it and put in a new manhole outside the extension to help with rodding/jetting.

You would need to get a build over agreement from your water company who would look at the drainage plans and approve them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back