Manrose MF100Y Extractor Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First time poster, long time subscriber.

I am currently installing my inline extractor using the wiring from my standard extractor.
On the standard extractor (fitted with external isolator and independent switch) the permanent live (brown) wire was terminated and taped up. Using only the neutral (grey core with blue sheath), and Switched Live (black with brown sheath).
Having made up all three of these connections as per instruction and previous posts in Live Switched wiring, once the isolator is switched on, and the switch turned on, there's a small click, almost as if the motor is trying to start, and then a low energised hum.

But alas, the extractor does not operate.

And those no smell of burning haha.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not sure then! Try connecting it to a plug and try it that way to rule out the supply. Then if not return it.

Sponsored Links
Derived it from another forum thread before I started, and Google.
Both the Permanent Live and the Switched Live respond the same way to the switches. Both have power until the independent switch is turned off.

I am using a heavy duty mains tester.
I rewired the old extractor using both the permanent live (brown) then the Switched live (black with blue sheath) to ensure there was no supply issue, and in both instances the extractor worked as before.
So quite at a loss.

I am using a heavy duty mains tester.
What's that? Do you have heavy duty mains?

I rewired the old extractor using both the permanent live (brown) then the Switched live (black with blue sheath) to ensure there was no supply issue, and in both instances the extractor worked as before.
So quite at a loss.
Have you got the wires mixed up?
That's not what you said in the first post, nor correct.

John,
I have tried it with a plug, and there is no affect. I'd imagine there's an issue out with abilities.

Impudence,

Apologies, I meant black with brown sheath. The original extractor had the permanent live terminated and taped and used the SL and the N. I tried both power lines and the original extractor worked fine.

If it doesn't work on a plug then it's a broken fan, take it back and change it for a working one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back