Maple for garden bench?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have some lovely thick slabs of maple that we got for a project and then changed our minds. I now need to buy a small, curved bench and I can't find a ready made one, so I was wondering if I could get one made from the maple.

My question is, would maple be a good material for an outdoor bench? It is a lovely pinkish colour inside, but I would imagine it would quickly weather to greyish brown (which isn't necessarily a problem). I don't think I've ever seen outdoor furniture made of maple, so maybe I should just get something else instead, but we have it and frankly it is in the way!

Any thoughts?

Linda

Sponsored Links
Maple is classed as a perishable hardwood so I would not use it in an outdoor situation.

Jason

Hi Jasonb

Thanks very much for your prompt reply - I'll take your advice and not use the maple outside.

Thanks again

linda

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back